Altami Studio. About
Altami Studio is developed for image capture, analysis and processing images as well as for conducting measurements. Images can be received with the help of the research equipment: microscopes, telescopes, X-ray, and other apparatuses. Monitoring and measuring are available in real-time mode (images are received from camera or other capture devices).
The most popular operating systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X – are supported by cross-platform software Altami Studio. The application fully supports all kinds of capture devices with Microsoft DirectShow interfaces (most widely used in Microsoft Windows operational systems). Digital ocular cameras DCM/MDC, high-speed video cameras USB 3.0 Point Grey, Canon PowerShot and Canon EOS are also supported by Altami Studio. The application also works with such popular formats as bmp, jpg, tif, svg, and so on.
Demo-version of the application is available without prior registration or requests. Before making the decision, you can check if the application suits your tasks. If you have any questions, fell free to contact email@example.com. We will answer you gladly.
Altami Studio. Features
- Live measuring and image processing
- Great capture devices integration
- Powerful measurement and markup abilities
- Numerous raster operations
- Automatic shape detectors
- All data in a single document
- One click or articleanced reports generation
- Sessions support
Live measuring and image processing
Altami Studio allows to process image stream received from camera or another device of image capture (or video capture) in live mode. It is also possible to apply measurements and filters to the image stream in real time mode. This can be very convenient as you do not have to waste your time on capturing and processing images. It also helps if you monitore moving objects or compare images.
Great capture devices integration
Altami Studio provides the opportunity to fully use the capture devices, to save all settings, and to work in real time mode. You can save the document with all its settings (including information on camera) and continue working with it by the next launch. All these possibilities save your time and allow to use the capture devices for the wide range of tasks. For example, Altami Studio supported by the Canon EOS cameras and Canon PowerShot, as well as high-speed USB 3.0 video cameras Point-Grey.
Powerful measurement and markup abilities
Altami Studio provides numerous possibilities for measuring and marking, including live measuring. You can measure the interval between two points, the area or perimeter you need (with the help of special instruments — figures, mark the point of interest, and indicate the direction. For each figure, the user can select the style and color of lines, color of background, type of notch, and edit the subscription. In order to make your work more convenient, the application allows you to indicate the scale in real measurement units.
Numerous raster operations
The application provides a wide range of raster operations. You can rotate the image, crop it, resize it, smooth it, perform brightness alignment, find edges, broaden the image, convert it to gradations of gray, adjust brightness and contrast with the help of the histogram, etc.
Automatic shape detectors
A lot of work is fairly routine and boring activities such as counting objects, determination of particle size or classification. But often it is necessary, for example, for quality control. Altami Studio provides the opportunity to detect the shapes automatically. It is done with the help of special filters which detect the shapes on the raster. Before the automatic detecting you can edit the image with the help of any filters. After the filter is applied, users can correct the results if they need to. These features facilitate the working process very much when you have to detect many similar shapes.
All data in a single document
The image and all information on it (calibration, measurements, filters, information on camera) are contained in one document. After you have worked with the document, you can save it in adfx format and next time continue working with it. That means, all your settings (including information on camera) are saved. You do not have to waste your time on making necessary adjustments upon each launch.
Fast or articleanced reports generation
Report summarizes results of your work. It can contain the image itself and information on calibration, measurement, and filters. Altami Studio allows to generate different reports on one or several documents. articleanced report can be generated with the help of the report editor. After the report is generated, you can edit it. You can also generate the fast report with the previously specified settings. That means, you can create the report depending on your needs and time you have.
Altami Studio provides the opportunity to save the session you work with. By the launch of the the application you can continue working from where you stopped. So, in case of an emergency closedown, you do not lose your information.
Altami Studio — system requirements and compatibility
- Operating systems Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (х86 and х64 architectures); Linux operating system: Alt Linux, Open Suse 11.3, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and later versions; Mac OS X 10.6 operating system. Probably, the application will work in Windows 2000 SP4 operating system, but it was not tested in this system. The application was tested in operating systems with default settings, using themes created by third parties as well as all kinds of tweakers (applications for realization of undocumented opportunities of operating system) can lead to unstable work of the application;
- Intel processor with timing frequency from 2 GHz, dual core Intel processor with timing frequency from 1.6 GHz is recommended; it is possible to use processor from other producers with similar productive capacity;
- Short term memory — 1 GВ, recommended volume of operative memory — 2 GB and higher;
- Display resolution — 1024х768, recommended resolution — 1280х1024 and higher; graphic adapter must support the work in TrueColor mode (24 or 32 bits for pixel);
- For work with camera it is necessary to have a free USB-port on a separate USB-hub for each camera
List of supported devices Altami Studio and Altami VideoKit
Altami Studio and Altami VideoKit — the main software products developed by Altami specialists are suitable for controlling many image capture devices (various digital web, video and cameras). These programs are mainly supplied with digital microscopes to digitize the images received from the device and transfer them to the computer for further processing (the latter is possible with Altami's advanced Altami VideoKit).
These applications are used to control various camera settings (for example, shooting and saving settings), they can be used to work with the frame stream from the camera.
Applications support many models of the following devices:
- digital cameras Canon EOS (only Altami Studio);
- USB 2.0 cameras Altami (only 32-bit versions of applications);
- USB 2.0 UCMOS camera;
- USB 2.0 Camera UHCCD / EXCCD;
- USB 2.0 cameras SCMOS;
- devices with UVC interface;
- USB 3.0 camera Point Gray Flea3 and FireWire cameras series Point Gray Flea3;
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cameras VisioSens VFU;
- USB 2.0 ScopeTek camera for working with a microscope.
Below are the names of the models of these devices that are supported by Altami Studio and Altami VideoKit.
- Canon EOS (only Altami Studio)
Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS X
|1D Mark III||7D||450D/Rebel XSi||1000D/Rebel XS
|1D Mark IV||50D||550D/Rebel T2i||1100D/Rebel T3
|1Ds Mark III||40D||500D/Rebel T1i||
|5D Mark II||60D||600D/Rebel T3i||
- Canon PowerShot (only Altami Studio)
Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Mac OS X
|A10||А95||А640||S45||S300 Digital ELPH||G2
|A20||А100||S1 IS||S50||S400 Digital ELPH||G3
|A30||А200||S2 IS||S60||S410 Digital ELPH||G5
|A40||А300||S3 IS||S70||S500 Digital ELPH||G6
|А60||А310||S5 IS||S80||SD100 Digital ELPH||G7
|А70||А400||S10||S100 Digital ELPH||SD110 Digital ELPH||G9
|А75||А510||S20||S110 Digital ELPH||SX100 IS||G10
|А80||А520||S30||S200 Digital ELPH||SX110 IS||Pro1
|А85||А620||S40||S230 Digital ELPH||G1||Pro90 IS
Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit
|1340R7 1/2CCD||3150R10 1/2 CMOS||6600R5 1 CMOS
|3150R6 1/2 CMOS||5000R5 1/2.5CMOS||6600R5 1 CMOS-M
- UCMOS and UHCCD / EXCCD series devices
Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit
Windows XP и Windows7, Linux, Mac OSX
- Devices that support the UVC standard
Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Mac OS X, Linux
|Traveler DC 8900||Fujifilm FinePix S5500 Zoom||Panasonic Camcorder NV-GS11/230/250
(webcam mode, DV mode)
|Fujifilm FinePix A340||Fujifilm FinePix E550||Panasonic Camcorder NV-GS27/37/320/500
(webcam mode, DV mode)
You can see a more detailed list of devices that also work with the program and are connected according to the UVC standard: webcams and laptop cameras.
- USB 3.0 Camera Series Point Gray Flea3
Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit
- FireWire camera series Point Gray Flea3
Windows Vista, Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit
- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 cameras VisioSens VFU
Windows XP, Windows XP 64-bit, Windows Vista,Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7, Windows 7 64-bit, Linux
Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista